The sunny weather has finally come around in Perth and I thought I'd reflect this by wearing some uber bright and fun nails. For this look I used the orange-yellow-pink combo and paired this with an accent and gradient. The accent nail was achieved using a pre-cut sticker guide from Born Pretty Store as you will see in the tutorial below.
These tip guides are so handy and are excellent for achieving a quick design without much prep! They work like any other form of tape design - just stick over a base colour, paint on another colour and peel off the sticker! I found that these stickers stuck on very well, however I do wish they were made a little thinner, as thicker stickers can sometimes mess up the design when you go and peel them off. Aside from that, I peeled cautiously and it all worked out well! If you are interested in these stickers, you can purchase them here. You can also get 10% off at checkout and free shipping with the code HOWG10.
Next onto the polishes! From left to right, OPI 'Alpine Snow', ulta3 'Tangerine Tango', ulta3 'Honolulu' and ulta3 'Pink Hibiscus'.
- Paint a thin coat of white polish as a base to make your bright colours pop more.
- Follow up with one coat of yellow polish. Allow this to dry completely before going on to the next step. You may wait it out or add a coat of fast drying top coat to speed up the process.
- Grab a tip guide sticker and place it in the desired position on the nail. Press down firmly so there are no loose edges.
- Paint over the sticker with your desired colours. I used orange on the top half of my nail and pink on the bottom.
- Peel off the sticker immediately while the polish from step 4 is still wet.
You may choose to do this on all your nails or alternatively, use it as an accent. On my other nails I did a gradient with the same colours. Simply paint the colours onto a makeup sponge (as seen below) and dab onto a white base. Top the gradient off with a top coat to blend all the colours together.
And that is all you need to know to achieve this design! Please share your recreations with me on Instagram by tagging me @nailsbynikkih!
*This product was sent to me for review. I maintain that the views in this post are my most honest opinions.*